Friday 20 July 2018

Shopify - first attempt at building an ecommerce store

For a long time I've avoided building ecommerce websites, preferring to do simple service business brochure style websites instead. Less hassle and less updates, which suits my needs. However, I recently became involved in building an ecommerce website using the now very popular platform Shopify. And I was pleasantly surprised.

At first, I thought there would be a steep learning curve. But as it turned out it didn't take long to find my way around their system, and now I find it quite easy.

I'm still learning of course, because there are so many ways you can build extra features into the system. So anyone out there who has been considering setting up an online store for the first time, I would encourage you to give it a try.

You can view the jewellery store I built, in association with the SMA Digital Agency, by clicking the link below.

https://sarahstorm.co.uk